Welcome all parents. Below you will find an assortment of short, guided videos ranging from breathing exercises, chair exercises, standing exercises, and mindful resting exerices. You will also find some longer yoga practices suitable for all ages that will get the heart pumping and the body moving. These practices are great for the entire family. I hope you find them helpful! You will notice that the brain breaks are broken down by grade level. On this page, I have also included some great SEL resources for your information, as well as links to powerful TED TALKS geared towards parents. All the way at the bottom you will find some resources centered on cultivating your own personal mindulness practice for your interest.
Here is a resource created by our amazing Counseling Department. It is a guide to help you support your remote learner(s). Please click HERE to access the document. We hope you find this resource helpful during this challenging time.
Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying Informational Training Video
This site was created by the Wellness Team at Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District. It is designed specifically for students, families and staff to find tools to promote resilience and wellness. Try an activity once a day or more if you like. It will help you to feel calm and prepared for your daily tasks. For more resources on mental wellbeing, check out our newly published Mental Health & Wellness site.
Disclaimer: The following links are purely for educational purposes and are not intended as psychological interventions or as a substitute for psychological treatment. If you are in need of psychological help you should seek the consultation of a licensed mental health professional.
Guided Brain Breaks and Mindfulness Practices
Let's Get Moving!
General SEL Resources
- Help Middle Schoolers Build Life Skills for Success (Free Parent Guide)
- SEL in the Home
- SEL Resources for Families
- Screenagers: Growing Up in the Digital Age
- A Parents Resource Guide to Social and Emotional Learning
- What To Do When Your Kids Won't Listen
- How to Help Kids Control Their Anger
- SEL Childrens Book List (50 picture books)
- Let's Talk SEL Parents: This is for YOU!
- For Parents: Positive Youth Development
- Reflective Feedback PDF
- The Importance of Feedback video
- "How to Get Your Kids to Listen and Engage"
- "The Secret to Motivating Your Child"
- "Programming Your Mind for Success"
- "Staying Stuck to Moving Forward"
- How the iPad affects young children and what we can do about it!
- "How to Raise Successful Kids Without Over-Parenting"