Welcome all board members, administrators, teachers and educators. Here are some helpful resources for you relating to SEL. Happy Browsing!
Click HERE to acces the new and improved SEL Google Site!
For your information
- 5 Competency Lesson Plan Ideas (All Grade Levels)
- The SEL School Resource Page
- Emotional Life of your Brain video- Interesting take on the brain and neuroplasticity.
- Classroom Meetings and Activities- This is a very robust 68 page resource that provides a lot of activities to use during classroom meetings. I know it's a lot, but it has some really cool classroom meeting topics and research that supports the SEL Competencies.
- 5 Keys to Successful Social and Emotional Learning (Article and Video)
- Making Sure Each Child is Known (Article and Video)
- Morning Meeting: Building Community in the Classroom
- 60 Second Strategy: Snowball Toss
- 60 Second Strategy: Talk Detectives
- SEL Teacher Practices- Great website to learn SEL practices first hand from other school district
- 5 SEL Competencies Video
- Smart Hearts: SEL Overview
- Growth Mindset Combats Academic Stress
- 1 True Source of Good Leadership- Article
- Building Resiliency and other articles
- Responsive Classroom for ALL Grades (Pre K-8)
- How to Help Kids Control Their Anger
- Getting Creative with SEL (Edutopia Article)
- The Perils and Promises of Praise by Carol Dweck- Article
- "Every Kid Needs a Champion"
- "Win-Win Conversations"
- "What Kids Wish Their Teachers Knew"
- "The Secret to Motivating Your Child"
- "Programming Your Mind for Success"
- "Staying Stuck or Moving Forward"