Please click here for Volunteer/Donation FormPlease click here to watch What do the ARTS mean to RMS students?Click here to read press releases:
Who We Are
We are parents, teachers, and community leaders with a passion for fine and performing arts. We operate as a committee under the Readington Home School Association (HSA) which is a non-profit organization.
- Create meaningful relationships between parents, students, music and art faculty, and the public.
- Provide financial support to all performing and visual arts programs of the Readington Public Schools, K-8, through HSA mini- grants.
- Provide advocacy and encouragement to further enhance the music and art education of the students.
Our Plan of Action
- Solicit contributions annually and at all music and art education programs
- Sell refreshments and other items at school fine and performing art events
- Hold events that promote music and art education
- Collect items, instruments, and supplies that may be in need
- Appeal to local companies and foundations for support and resources
- Garner press and help with advocacy for events featuring our talented student body
Fulfilling a Need
The types of projects our committee will address fall outside of the fine and performing arts
education’s annual budget, and include: purchasing musical instruments and art and drama
equipment, funding arts-related assemblies and trips, and updating and improving current school
We know that fine and performing arts enrich our lives in ways that cannot be measured, but there are measurable, academic benefits as well. According to a study by the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Institute of Museum and Library Services, students who study art are 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement and 3 times more likely to be awarded for school attendance. Source: "Re-Investing in Arts Education: Winning America’s Future Through Creative Schools." The President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities. Accessed February 28, 2014.
Readington Township Schools are continually being recognized for its academic success and we believe that access to fine and performing arts have been vital in achieving these accolades.