The Art Room Philosophy
The arts are pervasive in all areas
of our lives and impart meaning to all experience.
The Readington Township School District is
committed to providing every child a comprehensive
visual and performing arts education, including
music, visual arts, dance, and theater.
These programs will encompass learning experiences
to help students develop the following:
• communication and self-expression
• performance skills
• critical thinking skills
• an appreciation of history and culture
• cooperation and teamwork
• problem-solving strategies
• aesthetic awareness
• technique particular to a variety of instruments, tools or materials, and
• understanding and effective use of technology
Each child in the Readington School District will experience a continuing and systematic arts education through arts making, arts heritage, arts aesthetics, and arts criticism.
Ms. Kristen Halozan