HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER!!Summer vacation is a fun time for everyone!Everyone worked very hard during the school year, and we all deserve this time to rest, relax, and enjoy time spent with family and friends.Summer is also a time when, if we are not practicing English, things that we learned during the school year may be forgotten.The best thing to do is to continue to practice speaking, reading, and writing English over the summer. If your family's home language is not English, please make sure to encourage your children to speak in English for a minimum of 1 hour daily. They can have playdates with English-speaking friends, watch television in English, or even do different activities on the computer and the Internet.
Fun English activities to do in the summer:
Feel free to refer to my list of ESL websites on the other webpage to give you ideas for different English-based activities.I hope you all have a fantastic summer, and I look forward to seeing everyone upon our return to school in September!As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me!!
- read a book -- or two or three!
- listen to an audio book
- keep a daily journal of fun activities you have done each day
- write letters or postcards to friends
- have playdates with English-speaking friends
- watch a show -- then tell someone about what happened
- practice math skills (play some card games, etc)
- make a lemonade stand and sell lemonade or cold treats to neighbors and friends
- write a story
- complete a puzzle
- listen to mystery stories - then create your own!
- learn a new hobby -- sewing, painting by number, knitting, gardening, magic dot paintings, etc.
- help a parent, relative, friend with a project
HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER!!!!
SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER!!! :)
Last Modified on June 12, 2022